If you can't hear audio from the optional bass module, try the following:
Make sure that the bass module is turned on in the Adjustments screen of the soundbar.
- In the Bose Music app, from the My Bose screen (accessible via the headphone and speaker icon in the upper-left corner), select your soundbar
- Tap the soundbar image in the bottom-right corner of the screen
- Under the Accessory Settings section, the toggle switch of the bass module should be positioned to the right to enable this accessory
- If the switch is set to the left, tap the switch once to turn on the bass module
- If the switch is set to the right, tap the switch twice to re-enable audio to the bass module
Determine the status of the bass module by observing the colour and blink pattern of the light on the back of the bass module.
|Light activity||Bass module status|
|Solid white||Connected to the soundbar|
|Blinking amber||Ready to connect to the soundbar. Refer to Connecting the optional bass module.|
|Solid amber (dim)||Disconnected from the soundbar. Reset the bass module by unplugging its power cable from the power socket, waiting 30 seconds and then firmly plugging the power cable back into a working socket.|
|Blinking white||Downloading a software update|
|Blinking red||An unrecoverable error has occurred. Please contact Bose customer service.|
Check for sources of wireless interference that may be within a few metres of the soundbar or bass module. Devices that can affect the wireless performance of the system include, but are not limited to, a cordless phone, Wi-Fi® router, wireless printer or microwave.
To identify a possible source of interference, try temporarily unplugging the device and restarting the Bose system to determine whether performance has improved.
Relocate the Bose system or device causing interference. This may require at least 1.8 metres of distance between the two devices. For devices that cannot be relocated, change the Wi-Fi channel or wireless frequency used by that device.
Reset the soundbar and bass module by unplugging their power cables from the power sockets, waiting 30 seconds and then firmly plugging the power cables back into working sockets
If wireless interference may be present and cannot be alleviated, consider using a wired connection to the bass module. In some setups, it may not be possible to relocate the bass module, Wi-Fi devices or other sources of interference
To resolve such an issue, connect an audio cable with 3.5-mm male connectors at both ends between the BASS output of the soundbar and the BASS IN jack on the bass module.