What is NAS?
- CineMate 220 home cinema system
- CineMate® 120 system
- CineMate® 130 system
- CineMate® 520 system
- Lifestyle® 525 Series II home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 535 Series II home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 600 home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 650 home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 135 home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 135 system II
- Lifestyle® 235 system II
- Lifestyle® 235 system III
- Lifestyle® 525 III system
- Lifestyle® 535 home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® SoundTouch® 135 entertainment system
- Lifestyle® SoundTouch® 525 system
- Lifestyle® SoundTouch® 535 system
- Wave® SoundTouch® system
- Wave® SoundTouch® system IV
- VideoWave III 55
- VideoWave III 46
- SoundTouch® 300 soundbar
- SoundTouch AM3 Wi-Fi speaker system
- SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter
- SoundTouch 10 wireless speaker
- SoundTouch® 120 system
- SoundTouch® 130 system
- SoundTouch 20 wireless speaker
- SoundTouch® 20 system
- SoundTouch® 220 home cinema system
- SoundTouch 30 wireless speaker
- SoundTouch® 30 system
- SoundTouch® 520 system
- SoundTouch® Portable system
- SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier
- SoundTouch® Series II wireless adapter
- SoundTouch® Stereo JC system
- SoundTouch® 20 Series II Wi-Fi® music system
- SoundTouch® 30 Series II Wi-Fi® music system
- SoundTouch® controller
- Bose® Lifestyle® SoundTouch® 235 entertainment system
- SoundTouch® SA-4 amplifier package
- SoundTouch® Portable Wi-Fi® music system
- SoundTouch® Stereo JC Series II Wi-Fi® music system
- SoundTouch® wireless adapter
- SoundTouch 300 soundbar
- SoundTouch soundbar system
- Lifestyle 550 home entertainment system
NAS stands for Network Attached Storage: a system consisting of one or more hard drives, an Ethernet connection and an operating system. Instead of connecting directly to a desktop or laptop computer as a USB portable hard drive does, a NAS drive connects to your wireless router, allowing anyone on the network to access and share files from a central location.
Why use a NAS drive with your SoundTouch system?
One of the main benefits is that your music collection is always available. You don’t have to turn on the computer that stores your music to hear it. Instead, a NAS drive is always connected, so you can access your music collection quickly and easily at any time from the SoundTouch app.
For best results with your SoundTouch system, WD MyCloud or Synology NAS drives are recommended.
However, many other NAS drives will also work. (Please note: SoundTouch systems are not fully DLNA compliant and may or may not have full functionality with other models.)
Configuring NAS drives
While there are many NAS products available, configuration information for some more common products can be found here. Search this site for your brand or model to see if there is information specific to your product.
To set up your NAS drive for use with the SoundTouch app, see Adding a music library to SoundTouch.