Entertainment systems using the accessory SoundTouch adapter will search for updates automatically upon opening the SoundTouch app. If an update is available, the app will prompt you to update.
Download the free SoundTouch app here:
- Provides step-by-step instructions to set up your SoundTouch system in minutes
- Easily browse Internet radio stations, your stored music library and popular music services like Spotify®, Pandora®, iHeartRadio™, SiriusXM, Deezer and QPlay. Music services may vary.
- Quickly set your favourite music as a preset—so you can access it effortlessly on any SoundTouch system or remote
- With multiple SoundTouch systems, stream different music in different rooms or play the same music in every room
If your system is connected to your home network, it will check for software updates every time the system is used. If an update is available, it will begin downloading automatically. If an update is downloaded fully, text on the screen will prompt you that it is ready to be installed when powering down the console. Your system will shut down automatically after installation.
When connected to a network with Internet access, the console will check for a software update each time it is used. If an update is available, the update will automatically be downloaded to the console. Once the update has fully downloaded, an on-screen message will appear stating “An update is ready to be installed. Install now?” when the system is turned off.
- Make sure the bass module and wireless surround receivers are connected wirelessly to the console in order to receive any updates available for these components.
- To begin the installation, select INSTALL.
- When installation has completed, the system will turn off.
The Lifestyle 600 and 650 systems cannot be updated through the SoundTouch app. Using the remote, press SETUP then select “Software Update” to determine whether a software update has been downloaded to the console. The on-screen instruction will inform you if any automatic updates are ready for installation.
To update the bass module, it must be connected to the console wirelessly. If the bass module was connected to the console using a 3.5-mm cable during the system update, the bass module will not be updated.